£40,000 - £45,000
10 months ago
· Qualified mechanical/chemical engineer
· 5 years proven experience as a hands-on manager in a fast-paced manufacturing/lubricants/chemical environment and with experience in automation.
· Strong leadership and communication skills and used to working within a unionized environment.
· A strong line manager who drives and develops his/her team and committed to continuous improvement.
· Strong IT skills
· A team player and the ability to work closely with other departments.
· A hands-on role managing a team of 30 operatives, working over 2 shifts
· To motivate and give direction to production teams, whilst maintaining quality-based production
· To control work flow and labour to meet customer deadlines.
· Carry out regular team briefings
· Producing and improving KPI’s.
· To liaise across each department within production & laboratories with regard to practices, processes and procedures
· To be proficient using current manufacturing system, Siemens PCS7
· As a member of the management team, continually develop and improve systems, processes and equipment.
· Maintenance of stocks of materials and consumables
· Maintain required standards of health and safety
· Maintain required standards of housekeeping
· Carry out regular team briefings.
· Responsible for recruitment and training, absence management and disciplinary issues.
· Manage staff leave and working arrangements within team to ensure operational areas of production are adequately staffed and maintained.
· Candidate should ideally be experienced in/ have knowledge of manufacturing process, planning, quality standards of 5S, continuous improvement and lean and reliability engineering.
Education Requirements: Degree Chemical/Mechanical Engineering